ShareThis

.

.

14 July 2020

Positively Optimistic

In times of crisis, it’s easy to get trapped in negative thinking – it goes hand in hand with it.

But it’s also the time that we need to be optimistic most. After all, it’s the good things in life that we live for.

I suppose one positive of not being able to spend time with my pals and enjoy our usual gossip is that I realise how important our little gatherings are to me.

The ability to sit down over a drink with old friends is something that most of us just take for granted. The realisation of how essential these simple things are makes me appreciate them more.

Hopefully, we can look forward to these things and when the day comes, we can savour them.

That’s what I’m looking forward to, but how do I stay positive now?

Well, one thing I’ve found constructive has been the time to exercise. Now that I haven’t had to commute to work, I’ve managed to allocate some of that time to my physical health.

I think it’s played a significant role in allaying the stress of not being able to see my pals but I also seem to have accumulated a somewhat significant increase in energy.

An added benefit of my exercise routine is that I also get to take in much of the surrounding countryside and all the interesting creatures in it.

Nature I find has a way of creating a sense of calm. I suppose I enjoy it because it’s a sensation that isn’t often present in modern politics. It’s in these quieter moments that one notices much of the beauty in the world that nature has set out before us.

While there are still challenges, I try to remember that those things that we live for are still there.

Stewart Stevenson
does not gather, use or
retain any cookie data.

However Google who publish for us, may do.
fios ZS is a name registered in Scotland for Stewart Stevenson
www.blogger.com www.ourblogtemplates.com


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP